Starting in September 2016 my orthopedist gave me the Synvisc series of 3 injections after pre approval from Blue Shield of Ca.Now, 5 months later I received a letter from Blue Shield that the coverage for this claim has been rejected so I am getting ready to fight it, rather than pay another $1500 for these injections.

After paying $543 a month for insurance, it is like pulling teeth to get this company to pay for anything. When they do, most of what I pay does not go towards my $875 deductible. I am sick of this insurance company. I will get Medicare soon and will switch to UHS Supplemental in hopes they will pay better on claims.

We are mandated to have coverage, at a huge price, then they don't want to pay claims.This insurance must be great if you don't need it.

Review about: Blue Shield Of California Medical Claim.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Had an Experience with Blue Shield Of California?

Comments

Geico - Ripped me off Geico "We had a flood at my house on July 7th. I called the insurance and they informed me that nobody would be available until Monday. (The person said, it is..." Read more Encompass Insurance - Encompass insured ticketted for causing accident. Encompass denies claim! Encompass Insurance "9/17/14 at 1245 PM. Encompass insured driver in a Jeep Grand Cherokee made a lane change without checking to see if a vehicle was next to her. I was in..." Read more Blue Shield Of California - Blue shield customer service is horrible Blue Shield Of California "I've just been on hold for 48 minutes after being disconnected. Te representative was not able to access my files nor answer my questions about my application. When I asked..." Read more Toco Warranty - Review in Insurance category  from New York City, New York Toco Warranty "SCAM. SCAM. SCAM. SCAM. SCAM. SCAM. I refused to go further with conducting business with TOCO after reading these disturbing reviews and for the second time I have been harassed..." Read more Lasership - Horrendous Lasership "Lasership messed up one of my Sephora orders, erroneously sending it from MA where I live, to Virginia, then back to MA. I didn't get it for another week, and..." Read more Gearbest - Changed price - have to pay more than advertised Gearbest "I bought a smartwatch. It was advertised as RM68.28. shipping is RM14. When in the payment page, I selected to use my GB wallet, which RM79, click to use GB..." Read more Bosley - Not good at all Bosley "It happened 2 years ago, in Feb, I believe. I paid 14k to have 2,500 grafts put in. I went back a year later was kinda happy with the results..." Read more Anderson Duff Attorney Lawyer Revision Legal Revision Legal "Anderson Duff stole trust fund money from my grandfather. He is a lying, dishonest charlatan. My grandfather is now dying because he isn't able to pay for surgery. A truly..." Read more